søndag den 13. april 2014

Mission: Babysitter !

A small intro. A small unit of Coalition forces need to get a Survivor through the city safe. The rules used are from BIO SYNDROME and you can get the FREE RULES right here. This mission is one I made up. Not official. One of the members need to survive and get of the board. That model MUST be nominated at the start of the game for both of the gmaers to know. This is where I bended the rules a bit. I choose the group from COALITION FORCES but took 1 model from SURVIVORS. And that is a rule I would like to play with. Say you can add 25% of the points from another LIVING group. NO zombies mixing with the living. AND those 25% can NOT benefit from special rules of the other 75% and they may not be leaders.

Job seemed easy, babysit some guy through a quarantined zone. No problems at all. "Boys! Grab your gear, lock and load!"

 "I can hear moaners Sir! " The squad took up position to cover both streets. The sound came from both directions.

The zombies split up in order to engage from 2 sides and make sure.....There would be no easy way out!

2 soldiers firing full auto took one of the runners down! Unfortunately one of them ran out of ammo too. 
"Aim dammit! Headshots count!" The situation may not have been as easy as one may have thought. Zombies closing in. To make matters worse, there was former coalition members amongst the zombies! And a zombie brute! Notoriously hard to take down!

"Take them down! " Only headshots count rang very true. Some of the zombies that were taken down, stood up again and shambled towards the living. 2 jammed weapons and a survivor who could not hit a barn even if he stood inside of it!

Teamwork! The runner went down! "Oh frak! They got a brute!" A ghastly roar made the living VERY aware of the precense of the zombie brute. "What the...?!" And then the runner stood up again, ready for next round!

The survivor tried to make a run for it. The soldiers trying to cover him. The runner was taken out and the soldier heroically/foolishly stepped into the path of the brute!

The dead will not stay dead, the undead will rise again!

One of the soldiers went down with a scream! 2 man wounded and the survivor wounded as well! Not to mention the brute is looking hungry! Fighting was intense but the leader managed to free the survivor by killing of the zombie who had attacked him. "Run you fool!"

One soldier and one leader left of the coalition forces. Both wounded. The survivor ran as fast as his battered feet could do! Trying not to hear the agonising screams as the last of the forces were being eaten alive!

Fun game now I got the rules right! And quite easy too! Really amazed on my rolls to resurrect the dead zombies! AND 2 jammed weapons really threw a spanner in the works of the living! 

I like the gaming board. Still need to weather some of the buildings and make them look overgrown with plantlife. But painted miniatures and nice terrain really adds a lot to the game!

15 kommentarer:

  1. Very enjoyable read, well worth the wait! I love what you're doing to the photos, that grim lightning really fits in well.

  2. Nice report mate and as Mathyoo said the pics are great! Nice use of the Project Zeke miniatures as well.

  3. Great AAR, Johnny. Sorry the models didn't perform better for you though.

    To echo our friends' comments, I love the style of the photos. Very atmospheric. I'm really looking forward to playing Bio Syndrome.

  4. P.S. That zed on the Segway is genius.

    1. Mantic plastic zombie. Was really easy to do. Works well as a "Fast" zombie

  5. Good batrep and very atmospheric photos. It looked like a lot of fun.

  6. Nice report sir. Like the photo effects too.

  7. Great batrep... the city looks so dark and evil :)

  8. Thanks guys. Was fun to play and took just over 30 min to play.

  9. The ptographs really add to the "grimness" of the game.
    Were the zombies commanded or did they have pre-set rules to govern their movement etc.?

  10. Ah, the over-confidence of men with guns! That changed quickly enough when their weapons jammed, didn't it :-) ?

  11. awesome report! I liked how you modified the rules to suit your own game. I encourage the use of house rules, it's all about having a good time!

  12. Cheers guys. It would seem I need to use this kind of photo for the next bat rep too? And you can be sure I will use BIO SYNDROME rules again.

    It is a 2 (or more) player game, I however played both sides in this one.

    It all went down the drain when the 2nd weapon jammed. And the survivor NEVER hit with his rifle!