søndag den 14. december 2014

Merry zombie survival

Well it is still not snowing in Denmark. Weird to be into December and not a single snowflake. Not that I am complaining, it does make travelling easier without. We have been crazy busy at work the last couple of weeks and this coming week will increase in the madness. More discount ! On the brighter side of things, contract with the new place should soon be in place!

Remember my stalker Christian? Well we made a little carepackage for him and some things for his lovely girlfriend too. Started out being bits for gaming that I had lying around. Ended up being a full set of miniatures from SPACE CRUSADE and a box of goodies sent to Germany. And then...We recieved a package from them the very next day! I will not list everything, but here was soap and earrings for Lone, a pug jug (also for Lone though I argued that a bit!) tires for use in my post apoc scenery and these:





Yes...That is the original Mutant cronicles from 1993 with full set of miniatures and in a great condition! Sure brings the nostalgia on!! Oh and I made a good deal on some bits, a small parcel from Hasslefree which I had ordered arrived and so did the scifi xmas box from Mantic games! So hobbywise I have had alot of stuff arriving, but not much time to do it in.   

Painting mojo hit me though, as I opened the box from Mantic games. Some forgefathers (Squats lookalike) and their big gun. And within 2 hours this happened:

Far from finished but good going so far I think. There was another batch of those 5 foot models. They have not yet been assembled.  This will be a speedpaint project. As you can see from the uses of wash. But I actually like the orange and beige colours. Nice change for the gloomy earth colours I usually use in my post apoc miniatures.

I might not post again untill the New year. Need to use the time I have to power down. Stressful period on several levels. Not to fear though, the blog continues! With all the projects I have going there is an endless supply of stuff to put up.

I hope you all take care of yourself and your family. For me xmas is the feeling of coming together. Enjoying the company of my family. Which I do. But it can be terrible stressfull so please remember to breathe deeply once in a while. Sit down with a cup of tea/coffee/mead/port and just do...Nothing.


13 kommentarer:

  1. Mutant Chronicles brings back many happy memories for me, Johnny. You lucky sod! Anyway, all the best to you and your family for Christmas.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Same here, the endless battles!
      Merry christmas Bryan.

      Slet
  2. Awesome! Best of luck over the next few weeks and see you on the otherside my brother from another mother :)

    SvarSlet
  3. Not heard of Mutant Chronicles?? But that's me! Awesome pressies though!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. With so many games around you are bound to find some that you have never even heard about .

      Slet
    2. Don't mind him Johnny, he's an idiot!

      Slet
  4. Hah, I've got some of those ForgeFathers (and a big gun) that I'll never use. Do you need more :-) ?

    SvarSlet
  5. I never did get into Mutant Chronicles, but I did play Space Crusade with my eldest son, I canunderstand the wave of nostalgia and what luck having such good German mates.
    Don't work too hard over the holiday period and enjoy the beak when you can

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Enjoying downtime whenever I can , and I try to charge those batteries. Cheers Joe.

      Slet
  6. Great to hear your making new friends.
    Only seen the Mutant Chronicles movie.
    Luckily, I managed to pick up a copy of Space Crusade and all the expansions at my local charity shop a couple of months ago. For the princely sum of £2.50, yay me.

    SvarSlet